- Loft floor must be clear of objects and boards.
- Check loft floor to ensure structurally adequate to take installers weight.
- Temporary flooring and lighting assembled in lift area for safe working space.
- 300mm of Earthwool loft insulation lay across the loft floor covering
all aspects of the floor while leaving a 50mm gap at edge to allow
air flow in loft.
- Check for gaps.
Benefits of Loft Insulation
1. Preventing Heat Loss
- A quarter of an uninsulated homes heat is lost through its roof.
- By installing loft insulation, you can expect a 25% reduction in heat loss. This will ensure that your home will be warmer in the winter, and cooler in the summer.
2. Saving on Bills
- Loft insulation can help you save up to £110 each year on a consistent basis. This directly applies to your energy bills. And with loft insulation have a life span of over 40 years it will pay for itself many times over.
3. Becoming More Environmentally-Friendly
- One of the great perks of cutting down on your energy use is the reduction of carbon dioxide.
- In short, your home's carbon footprint will be greatly reduced, making your home much more environmentally-friendly than it was before. The Energy Saving Trust suggest this can be between 550Kg and 1030Kg of Carbon Dioxide savings each year depending on the size and construction of the house.
4. Noise Reduction
- In general, home insulation can provide some relief from noise pollution and reduce the amount of noise that makes it into your home. Once your loft is properly insulated, you should be able to notice a reduction in the outside noise, especially when it comes to the upper floor of your house.