Energy Efficient Doors
About Energy Efficient Doors
Energy-efficient, or insulated doors allow you to save money on your energy bills every month by providing a tighter seal against the elements and keeping your heat/AC inside where it belongs. In addition to lower electric bills, you'll notice your home's temperatures are more consistent and comfortable year round.
1. Decide whether you are going to opt for a complete door set, or will be using an existing frame to fit the door into.
2. Get accurate measurements of the size of the door opening
3. Trim the door to fit if necessary and route out a rebate if required.
4. Chisel out recesses for the hinges and screw the hinges to the door.
5. Fit hinges to frame.
6. Fit locks and door furniture.
What does an Energy Efficient Door do?
Energy efficient doors do more than keep drafts down. They also keep out moisture that can lead to the growth of mould and keep insects and pests out of your home. An energy efficient door lowers your carbon footprint as you use less energy maintaining a warm–or cool–home.
Benefits of Energy Efficient Doors:
•Reduce the amount of heat lost to the atmosphere.
•Lower your energy bills.
•Keep your home warm in the winter.